Photo Requirements for USA Green Card Lottery
Digital Photograph (Image) Requirements for USA Green Card Lottery. Technical and Compositional Specifications
The submitted image must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months. Please be advised that Failure to comply with any of the following requirements may result in disqualification from the lottery.
A digital photograph (image) of you, your spouse, and each child must be submitted online with the E-DV entry form. The image file can be produced either by taking a new digital photograph or by scanning a photographic print with a digital scanner.
The image file must adhere to the following compositional and technical specifications and can be produced in one of the following ways: taking a new digital image or using a digital scanner to scan a photograph.
- The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
- Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
- The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
The submitted digital image must conform to the following compositional specifications or the entry will be disqualified.
- The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
- The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant's shoulders.
- The image must not include other objects or additional people.
- The entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
- The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
- The person being photographed must directly face the camera.
- The head of the person should not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
- The head height or facial region size (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50 percent and 69 percent of the image's total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56 percent and 69 per cent of the image's height.
- The person being photographed should be taken with the person in front of a neutral, light-colored background.
- Dark or patterned backgrounds are not acceptable.
- The photograph must be in focus.
- The entire face must be in focus.
- Fine facial features must be clearly recognizable.
- Pixels or dot patterns must not be perceptible.
- Photographs in which the person being photographed is wearing sunglasses or other items that detract from the face will not be accepted.
Head Coverings and Hats
- Photos of applicants wearing head coverings or hats are only acceptable if the head covering is worn for religious beliefs; even then, the head covering may not obscure any portion of the face of the applicant. Photographs of applicants with tribal or other headgear not specifically religious in nature will not be accepted; photographs of military, airline, or other personnel wearing hats will not be accepted.
Color photographs in 24-bit color depth are required
Color photographs may be downloaded from a camera to a file in the computer or they may be scanned onto a computer. If you are using a scanner, the settings must be for True Color or 24-bit color mode. See the additional scanning requirements below.
The submitted digital photograph must conform to the following specifications or the system will automatically reject the E-DV entry form and notify the sender.
Taking a New Digital Image
If a new digital image is taken, it must meet the following specifications:
Image File Format:
JPEG - the image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group format.
Image File Size:
240 kilobytes (240 KB) is the maximum image file size.
Image Resolution and Dimensions:
600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height) - are Minimum acceptable dimensions. Image pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width).
Image Color Depth:
24 bits per pixel, Image must be in color. [24-bit black and white or 8-bit images will NOT be accepted].
Scanning a Submitted Photograph
Before a photographic print is scanned, it must meet the compositional specifications listed above. If the photographic print meets the print color and compositional specifications, scan the print using the following scanner specifications:
Scanned at a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).
Image File Format:
The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
Image File Size:
The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
600 by 600 pixels.
Image Color Depth:
24-bit color. [Note that black and white, monochrome, or grayscale images will NOT be accepted.]
- How to Increase Your Chances to Win USA Green Card Lottery
- USA Green Card Lottery Winning Result Check, Did I Win Green Card?
- STEP 1 of 3 Green Card Lottery Registration Form
- STEP 2 of 3- Payment & Service Plan for USA Green Card Lottery Registration
- STEP 3 of 3 - Photo, Spouse & Children Information
- Photo Requirements for USA Green Card Lottery
- Photo Examples for USA Green Card Lottery Application
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery Program year 2013 for DV-2015
- Countries Eligible for US Green Card DV Lottery Registration Program 2014
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery Program DV 2013
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery DV-2012
- USA Immigration Poll of the Week 2
- About USA Green Card Lottery Registration Entry Service on USA-GREEN-CARD.org
- Contact Us on USA-GREEN-CARD.org
Green Card News
- 10/01/2013 HOW TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN USA GREEN CARD LOTTERY
- 09/13/2013 DV-2015 Countries Eligible for US Green Card Lottery year 2013
- 08/14/2013 USA Green Card Lottery Winning Results 2013 for DV-2014
- 06/02/2013 USA Visa Bulletin by Country For July 2013
- 05/01/2013 How To Check my USA Green Card Lottery Winning Results?
- 09/17/2012 DV 2014 Countries Eligible for US Green Card Lottery Entry
- 05/01/2012 US Green Card Lottery Winning Results DV 2013
- 09/15/2011 COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIVES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DV-2013